Friday, March 10, 2006

Why I'm not a Girly Girl

It surfaced again.  For the XXXth time, another bunch of male friends commented about me not being a girly girl at all, and how they see me as one of the guys.  Mind you, these are mature, married 30+ year old men here, not pre-pubescent adolescent kids.  So I think I should compile a list of the (very pleasant and fun) things I do that somehow seem to defy social standards of a girly girl.  And yes, I’m proud and happy not to be a girly girl. J

 

  1. She reads comic books (since the age of 10).  Owns a complete first edition version of my favourite comic book series – Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman.
  2. She likes fast cars and uses terms like “modded”.  I honestly don’t think this is that surprising, but apparently the Audi fan club is adopting me soon as an honorary member.  You know, C-, I’m pretty sure the bimbos next to the fast cars in a tight fitting skinsuit may also use the term “mod”. J
  3. She likes First Person Shooters on the PC or Xbox.  And I’m not the only girl who does either!  Grrr…
  4. She is a girl-geek who enjoys computers, technology and gadgets more than shopping and make-up.
  5. She has a disproportionate number of platonic male friends than female friends.

 

And counting… good of C- to say that I’m a girl-geek like Angelina Jolie in Hackers.  And still say she’s not that good-looking. J

2 comments:

petitemoi said...

I overslept for my first Monday meeting because I stayed up to watch France v. Italy at 3am in the morning. And doing this while on a company off-site. How fabulous. :-P

petitemoi said...

Interestingly Skyewise, not being the girly-girl as I am, I do support the Oranje team. :-P