Monday, July 03, 2006

Seeking Effortlessly Brilliant Individual for Long Term Life Partner Job

Over (and after) coffee with one of Rebecca's business school friends today, I've finally realised what I'm looking for in that someone special. In case you didn't realise, this is a realization akin to a personal epiphany.

Quite simply (and this is an original answer) - I am looking for someone who is effortlessly brilliant.

Skip the must-have-a-sense-of-humour crap. It took me a good effort of walking back to figure out what exactly "effortlessly brilliant" meant.

An easy smile. A sense of social ease and grace. This is someone who can talk to anyone easily and blend in with any crowd. Someone who has the street smarts and common sense to assess a person from a conversation, yet put a stranger at ease with ease.

If you ask me to describe in two or three words the person I'm looking for, I'd say - a luminous personality.

There is a certain sense of self, an assuredness without necessarily becoming smug confidence. It's the relaxed state of being that doesn't sweat the small stuff, while having big enough dreams to look up and towards a lofty goal. I'd want someone who looks at a problem that cannot be solved on the face of it and whose first reaction is to laugh. Heartily.

This is someone who's lithe, but not athletic or sporty. Toned, healthy, with a nice shrug... OK OK, now I'm dreaming...

So far, the only one whose met the bill happens to be a golden retriever.

No comments: