Friday, February 29, 2008

La Petite Moi

On the plane ride back yesterday night, I realized that I really don't like reading newspapers. And with that thought, came to a stunning realization about myself.

Some people have lifelong passions and interests that they take very seriously. They have strong likes and dislikes, strong loves and hates. And some people, people like me, I think don't have very many large, intense, long-lasting loves and hates. They have quirks.

It has always been a difficulty for me to introduce myself. I can never really think of what to say, which is impossible, because while I do believe that I'm a relatively interesting person, I don't think that I have relatively interesting interests.

Because it's so hard coming up with likes and dislikes on the fly, I've decided last night to compile an accurate list for future reference, a list of quirks, if you will.

By some strange coincidence of fate I actually believe that many people end up sharing these quirks, whether they realise it or not.

La Petite Moi, a profile in miniature

LIKES
  • Drinking tea
  • Thinking in the shower
  • Singing

DISLIKES

  • Reading newspapers
  • Puzzling Rubik's Cubes (I've never successfully completed one in my entire life, and I don't think I'm stupid, I just don't have Rubik's Cubes' intelligence)
  • Three Dimensions

No comments: