Wednesday, June 11, 2008

onestringbag

Just when I am trying to eliminate plastic bag in my frenetic response to the 10p tax law proposed and withdrawn, I was shopping at the supermarket the other day wondering about the even more excessive number of plastic bags that turn up from weighing fruit and vegs.

Those bags are even worse than plastic carrier bags, they're not recyclable, and are too small to be of any reuse value. Just as I thought that there must be one smart person out there who had figured out how to avoid using those bags - onestringbag appeared.

The one smart person who designed and created the onestringbag for grocery shopping happened also to shop at my beloved Victoria Market, and lives in one of my favourite cities. She's even now got the onestringbag open sourced so you can make them yourself using instructables - and in case you don't want to go through the trouble, you can buy them too.

No comments: