Thursday, January 05, 2006

Melissa by Any Other Name...

And no, just for the record, my real name is not Melissa. :-) The very interesting fact was just (very nicely) pointed out to me that le miel was honey in French (yes, I know) which translated into Greek was a rather common girl's name - Melissa.

So for the record, in case you were wondering, no my real name is not Melissa. No, I didn't translate my name from Greek to French in an attempt to veil my identity. In the first place, my real name (interestingly enough) is already in French, and has Greek roots (haha) so if I were to translate it's meaning, it would approximate more la lumiere than le miel. That said, I love the word miel. Another story to tell another time on how I got this nickname.

5 comments:

Fe said...

Let's write a book.

petitemoi said...

Good idea, Fe! What about?

Fe said...

Get a hold of me out of this context, we'll discuss it.

petitemoi said...

Email me. Or find me through my brother.

Fe said...

:) How would I know your brother better than you, or where he is? And I've kinda misplaced your e-mail address.

And just like that almost half a year has come to pass.

I think we spoke on IM at some point, but when was that?