Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Budget Brain Out

So much for the sophistication of Finance advice. Today I said the silliest thing (half a joke) to a guy responsible for negotiating vendor prices that I paid to companies who work for me. I said, "Vendor prices should be like the rain - it should only come down and not go up."

My budgeting brain has gone on vacation. There was a self-imposed lock down to modifying budget numbers ad nauseum, and my brain has taking that nice little excuse to take a vacation away from budget monster mode. Read: this is supposed to be a good thing.

I'm leaving work early, getting enough sleep, in a cheery mood, helpful around the house... and generally being a much nicer person to live with during this time. The suggestion was for me next year to take a room in a hotel for the entire budget season. That way, at least i) nobody has to put up with my crap that isn't already paid to do so, and ii) I don't have to help out around the house nor feel guilty for not doing so. Besides, iii) I'll get a nice comfy bed for those few hours of rest that I can squeeze in and manage to weasle some luxury (a good bath and a good bed) out of it. At a price... perhaps this should come into the amount of business related claims I'll take next year. Hmmm....

So welcome back, you. And goodbye budget monster... until next year, hasta la vista.

No comments: