Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Desperate to be a Housewife

Brutal though that may sound, email just flew in today that confirmed what I thought. This place runs an idea of Finance like a scientist trying to do brain surgery with a chain saw.

This (and an extra busy time of the year) is making me incredibly envious of my dog and her what-seems-like-wonderful stay-home life. A couple of stunning new developments in the space of what (the Company) should do and should not do to change shareholder impressions of the Company, attempt to save a flailing share price which dipped soon after we announced a well performing Q3 - and I realized that there is simply a level of sophistication in Finance that we do not have. There's more economics in my home economics class than the level of finance sense senior executives here seem to have.

Call me Fifi and turn me into a dog. Please. At this rate, a monkey would be too smart to do my job.

4 comments:

Fe said...

My blog address resents that!

petitemoi said...

I do apologize Fe... you know I was only joking. :-)

Fe said...

And I.

I think we're not very funny these days.

I think mummification, then I think how the process of mummification begins.

Pausing, I realize what a teaser that is.

:)

petitemoi said...

Fe, refer a few blog posts later to realise it was not just a teaser it was also some sort of pun.