Sunday, December 07, 2008

Leona Lewis/Snow Patrol - Run

Leona Lewis/Snow Patrol - Run
Leona Lewis/Snow Patrol - Run,
originally uploaded by metaphoric.
I'm really obsessed about the imagery of this song - can't believe it took so long (and Leona) for me to find it.

I keep hearing light, in shades and tones, in light, flickering breaths drawn that I had to search on 'light' for this one.

Light up, light up.
As if you had a choice.
Even if you cannot hear my voice,
I'll be right beside you, dear.


On another note, what is it with Snow Patrol's recent trend of soft, mumbling, almost monotonous verses only to hit with a thundering, swelling, glorious opus of a crescendo chorus? It worked for a while with Run, but after Crack the Shutters and Please Just Take These Photos from My Hands, doesn't the swelling chorus style sound a bit repetitive?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually I found this song not from the album but it was in one of the numerous US TV drama series I was watching, I think it was either Grey's or Lost or something else.

It's precisely the mumbling that makes this song works. severe depressive scenes ( sigh...I'm going to die...the world is gonnd end....) to suddenly a ray of light shining down(OMG SALVATION! SAVED! HOPE! ). And for the record, Snow Patrol's version works better when you put it in this prespective. =P