Sunday, December 20, 2009

Welcome Home Little Bailey

Brought Bailey home today. Less prepared than I should be.

Bringing a new puppy home is a bit like going to war. I don't mean this in an aggressive way (OK, maybe I do, a little) but in a nutshell, one can never be too prepared, it's all about the terrain (your home turf), and strategic planning is the essence of success.

I don't think I've ever seen any free doggy advice site say this, actually not even the paid ones, but having now come out, battle-weary and a survivor of not one but two puppies, I can honestly say this is true. I envy the domestic goddess puppy keepers that look like Nigella, have perfect puppies and are stay home mums. I'm not a stay home mum, I risk getting criticized for leaving my dogs at home alone with no one (what's each other then?) for company while I work full-time, and I still love dogs and love what they bring to my life when I'm home with them.

But yes, before you bring your puppy home, preparation is the mother of success. And no, you can never be too prepared.

No comments: