Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dog Names

Woke up this morning with a brain wave of names for my next dog...

I reckon dogs don't come as individuals anyway, they come in packs. Therefore, they need pack names in the variation of a theme.

Colours are popular:
  • Blue
  • Gray/Grey
  • Pink
  • Scarlet
  • Maroon
  • Blanc
  • Matt
  • Noir
  • Hazel
  • Cream
  • Mint

Pairs:

  • Bonnie & Clyde
  • Mills & Boon
  • Heckler & Koch (probably good names for Dobermans)
  • Ernst & Young (maybe Ernie...)

Food:

  • Cookie
  • Butter
  • Peanut
  • Almond
  • Dough
  • Sugar
  • Candy
  • Honey
  • Carrot (Had a dream I had a Westie called Carrot which made everyone laugh)
  • Cabbage (I have spoken to a real person whose name is Cabbage. Found it hard to keep a straight face.)
  • Peach
  • Apple
  • Cheese
  • Toast

Miscellaneous Items and Brand Names (I can never tell which):

  • Mac
  • Milo
  • Horlicks
  • Nokia
  • Sony / Sonnie
  • Heinz

Numbers, popular ones being:

  • Three
  • Seven
  • Eleven
  • Five

Positive Emotions:

  • Jolly
  • Happy
  • Cheery
  • Smiley
  • Naughty

Culturally Aligned:

For Westies and Scotties

  • Macduff
  • Macbeth
  • Tartan
  • Mac (just Mac)
  • Douglas
  • Doug

I did say that I won't be getting another dog until I can figure out what their names are. That was the case with Beanie, but Beanie's rather an individual dog name, and I had trouble pairing it with anything else. I have to say that just for laughs, Toast is quite high up on my list. I'm also rather keen on Muppet but fear that the name would create a self-fulfilling prophesy.

If you have suggestions (and they don't even have to be good) drop me a comment to let me know. I'm hopeless at names.

Otherwise I just might go with Toast, Muppet or the first name of the Maroon 5 lead vocal.

No comments: