Sunday, May 04, 2008

Soundtrack of My Life

In an answer to a question posed a long time ago, if you had 13 songs that made up the soundtrack of your life, what would those songs be?

And curiously (this disturbed me a little) - there were a lot of song titles with the word "dream" in them. Entirely coincidental, I convince myself.

  1. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
  2. The Cranberries - Dreams
  3. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
  4. Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
  5. James Blunt - 1973
  6. Heart - These Dreams
  7. Bread - Goodbye Girl
  8. Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
  9. Anna Nalick - Breathe (2 am)
  10. Indigo Girls - Love Will Come to You
  11. Craig Armstrong (Liz Frazer) - This Love
  12. Sarah McLachlan - Good Enough
  13. Bent - Private Road

Oddly enough, these are nice songs, not all of them are my favourite, but all of them are very apt.

--

Gave it more thought and came back to this one. I can't wait until I turn 30, because there'll be 3 decades of music worth mentioning at least in my life. I break them up into phases -

Decade 1: 0 - 10

Where the music influences of your life really depends on the music other people are listening to at the time.

  1. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
  2. Erasure - A Little Respect
  3. Depeche Mode - Somebody
  4. Whitney Houston - The Greatest Love of All
  5. Bread - Goodbye Girl

Decade 2: 11 - 20

The longest, most mixed up mix-tape possible.

  1. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
  2. The Cranberries - Dreams
  3. Heart - These Dreams
  4. Indigo Girls - Love Will Come to You
  5. Sarah McLachlan - Good Enough

Decade 3: 21 - 30

Progression...

  1. Anna Nalick - Breathe (2 am)
  2. Craig Armstrong (Liz Frazer) - This Love
  3. Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
  4. James Blunt - 1973
  5. Bent - Private Road

Youth is a funny thing. When you have it, you spend your time wishing that you don't - and when you don't, you spend the rest of your time wishing that you did. I guess the same could be said of many other things better seen in hindsight, but it's the one thing regret cannot touch.

No comments: