Saturday, August 27, 2005

The now new sound "One More Time..."

Recently been listening a lot to Signal, the pop/house new sound in (Hirai Ken) 平井堅's new album, Sentimental Lovers. I like how he's progressing. Although I've had the album for quite a while, it's always refreshing to hear it again and discover a new song to like, since it's a different sound and a different vibe each time I hear it.

I used to be so in love with 思いがかさなるその前に... (Before the Sentiments Pile Up) read: omoi ga kasanaru sono mae ni and now it's Signal. I'm still trying to find the lyrics. From the little I can hear, it's about a guy asking a girl for a sign if it's all over, or if they can have one more try. (I may be totally off on this one...)

Overall it's been such a sentimental album, piled high with emotive lyrics and melody. Not only, two dance tracks that are pop/house mixes stand out and are grooovy: Track 2 - Jealousy, Track 4 - 君が僕に憑依した!! (You Possessed Me!!) and Track 8 - Signal. Essentially, this is an album that you can groove to and keep upbeat, while bouncing through the tedium of the day.

Overall Rating: Major はい!! But then again, I think you know that already!

No comments: