Sunday, August 28, 2005

孤单北半球 The Lonely Northern Hemisphere

This song's been a pop favourite in the scene for a while now. I first came across how cute the lyrics were when at a karaoke session with the team. So I've decided to translate it for future use (when I'm one day once more talking to friends in Australia or Brazil...)

Miraculously, I managed to translate this song without external help.

欧得洋 - 孤单北半球

用我的晚安陪你吃早餐 My "goodnight"s accompany your breakfast
记得把想念存进扑满 Remembering to save my fond sentiments into a piggy bank
我望着满天星在闪听牛郎对织女说要勇敢 I look at the night sky and remember the cowherd telling the weaver maid to be brave

别怕我们在地球的两端 Don't worry that we are at the two ends of the earth
看我的问候骑着魔毯 Look at my greetings riding a magic blanket
飞用光速飞到你面前 Flying at the speed of light to be in front of you
要你能看到十字星有北极星作伴 So that you can see the Southern Cross accompanied by the Northern star

少了我的手臂当枕头你习不习惯 Are you used to my shoulder not being your pillow?
你的望远望不到我北半球的孤单 Your far sight cannot spy upon the loneliness of my northern hemisphere
太平洋的潮水跟着地球来回旋转 The waves of the Pacific Ocean moves with the earth's rotation
我会耐心地等随时欢迎你靠岸 I will be patient, ready to welcome you to my shores
少了我的怀抱当暖炉你习不习惯 Are you used to being without my hugs?
e给你照片看不到我北半球的孤单 Though email photos cannot show you my loneliness in the northern hemisphere
世界再大两颗真心就能互相取暖 No matter how big the world is, two dedicated hearts will share our warmth
想念不会偷懒我的梦通通给你保管 My sentiments are never lazy, all my dreams are sent to you for safekeeping.

No comments: