Monday, July 16, 2007

The Season for Cherries


Cherries in Summer
Originally uploaded by metaphoric.
At this time of the year, cherries can honestly be the only fruit.

This photo is the only proof left of how succulent these fruits are, since I have eaten the rest.

Whatever the photographs in magazines tell you, all those Marks and Spencer ads (oh, you don't get them outside of England) of how ripe, juicy and tantalizing British cherries are as a summer fruit... they are all true.

These ripe-to-perfection pitted fruits yield soft and sweet after your teeth crush through the first bite of delicate, glossy velvet skin. Even sinking your teeth halfway through the fruit to grit upon the definite pit seems worthwhile.

I'd recently washed and completely enjoyed a bunch, savouring them like rare grapes. While I was at it, I'd decided to take a picture, and it's up to you to believe me when I say that this photo has not been edited and was taken at 8pm in the evening.

No comments: