Sunday, May 27, 2007

I think it's perfectly clear... we're in the wrong land

I'm going to be missing Tori Amos in concert in London from July 3rd to 4th, all because I'm going to be, for two-three weeks, in the wrong country. Just when Tori Amos decides to play in UK, I have to be out of it.

That said, I've not actually bought American Doll Posse and haven't heard anything specifically from it yet, and was wondering how it is. To be incredibly honest, I've preferred Tori's earlier works (favourite album remains From the Choirgirl Hotel) and haven't really be 100% impressed with her progression, although Scarlet's Walk and The Beekeeper threw back rather well into Under the Pink and almost nearly Boys for Pele. Going by progression, this music should be throwing back to Choirgirl, but hmmm... no chance to test hear it yet.

Browsing through her discography, I realised that there was a time in my life which was a complete Tori Amos blackout period, and I missed two albums completely - Welcome to Sunny Florida and Tales from A Librarian (contains previously unpublished B-sides so doesn't completely count). But how did that happen? What was I listening to in that period of time? Did music not exist in my life? It puts me back to 2003 when both albums were released, and... I can't remember.

I must have been vaguely happy then. Or otherwise just not owning a music player of sorts.

No comments: