Friday, June 01, 2007

I ran into a door today

Unbelievable. Sometimes I think I walk around with my eyes closed. I ran into a door today. And it was a door at home. What's more, the door was wide open. As in, the door was completely not in my way. In fact, it couldn't have been any more out of my way if it had tried. It was wide open, there was a door's width for me to pass through and I had to walk into the door.

I don't actually know what happened. I must have closed my eyes and walked, completely awake, about 3-5 feet into the door. Talk about peripheral vision, my straight ahead vision wasn't even working!

Please laugh with me with that sort of laughter slapstick humour generally generates. It'll help me feel better. After all, I've now got a bruise on my head, right above my right eye, and it's swelling. In a line (door's edge)! *laughter again*

Ouch.

P/S: Yes, this does happen to me. Very often. My sense of physical presence must hover somewhere 2 feet above my head most days, at the rate I get myself into accidents.
Trade-off: I'm very good at virtual games, however. I think it's because virtual reality has very little difference to me from actual reality the way my perception goes.

No comments: