Saturday, June 09, 2007

Meme: Car Music

I'd always wanted to start this list - a compilation of music that go well with long car rides, road trips... basically songs the DJ should be playing at 60 miles/hour. More additions to follow, but I realized that one of my favourite experiences would be to drive a Saab (potentially possible) to Tori Amos (also possible).
  1. Tori Amos - Sleeps with Butterflies
  2. Tori Amos - Bouncing off Clouds
  3. The Eagles - Love Will Keep Us Alive

Incidentally, a playlist I came up with when I was bored (I play a little game with myself on the train, I go through my playlist and come up with a playlist with a theme) - this one was music with driving/cars/travelling themes (my iPod music list wasn't complete):

  1. Tori Amos - Cars and Guitars
  2. Tori Amos - Taxi Ride
  3. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
  4. Sheryl Crow - Every Day is a Winding Road
  5. Tori Amos - Big Wheel (surprisingly goes very well after Sheryl Crow)
  6. Tori Amos - Beauty of Speed
  7. Bent - Private Road
  8. Radiohead - Street Spirit (at some point, I insist)
  9. Tori Amos - Roosterspur Bridge
  10. Vienna Teng - Harbor
  11. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

More to follow as things strike me - although I thought the car/travel playlist if made into a CD would be a very good congratulations gift to someone who's just got himself a new car or just passed his driving test. (eh, little fish?)

No comments: