Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Change in the Seasons

You just told me that this blog's style, sound, flavour, what have you, has changed from how it was a year ago. Is that any surprise? Change is as frequent and as normal as the changes in the seasons. I can see it from my window where I sit now, as the leaves turn from spring green to warm, toasty brown.

So many things have changed. I now drink coffee black, but with sugar, and bath myself in Dove instead of Shokubutsu. You've changed so many things, reminding me how one cannot observe a scientific thing without changing it. Your very presence moves me.

I wonder if you are ever amazed by how things are. J'assume les raisons qui nous poussent de changer tout, mais espérez que j'ai tort. Perhaps there are no reasons. Perhaps there is only one reason - the same reason that made me falsely and foolishly delude myself into trusting that you read French, without reason and without logic.

No comments: