Monday, October 09, 2006

A New Home!!


Luscinia View 002
Originally uploaded by metaphoric.

Finally, after much ado and running around, I've finally laid hands on my new house!!

Half of today was spent running around to Wokingham, then to the new place to do mundane but important things like sign the lease, get the keys released (and into my grubby hands...) check into the apartment, make sure the inventory listings are correct and everything is in good working order yada yada yada.

It's not easy, this moving out and moving into a new place thing. But I'm so excited!

This marks many "first's" for me,

  1. First home of mine where I'm actually paying the rent with my hard-earned money and entirely able to invite my parents (imagine that!) to my home
  2. First time furniture which I chose, and I paid for is going to be moved in,
  3. First time I'm setting up my very own nest (all on my own - and you're like yeah yeah, *yawn* been there done that)
  4. First time I've had a dishwasher, electric stove, food processor under the sink and a garbage compactor installed in my house (I'm going to have so much fun playing with these new toys...)
  5. First time I'm living right next to a big 24 hour Tesco

Each time I see the house, it just looks better and better. I can't wait to move in! Actually, the funny thing is that I'm hardly going to even get much time to spend with my new house, but the year is still young (heheh). (tongue in cheek) But now I kind of know how a man with his new bride feels like (can't wait to move in).

You will probably be laughing but I had really never realized just how Cancerian I am until now. Cancerians are domestic and house-proud, but up until now, I've never had a house of my own to feel proud of.

This is a key part of me growing up. The first, and perhaps only, step that I will actually proudly take in a long ladder of self-domestication, viz.

  1. Buying a house (Singaporean equivalent: registering for a HDB flat)
  2. Moving in with a mate
  3. Getting married
  4. Having kids
  5. Putting kids through college
  6. Growing old
  7. Having grandkids
  8. Growing even more old
  9. Starting to count down to the final days
  10. and so on and so forth...

"15, there's still time for you, time to buy and time to choose - 15,
there's never a wish better than this... when you've only got 100 years to
live." - (100 years, 5 for fighting)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being a newly minted home owner!

yes I do remember your name but, okay, won't reveal it since I noticed you don't use it, even in your Food Magnet blog on which I've actually left a comment previously...starts and ends with the same letter?

petitemoi said...

hi little fish - yes you are absolutely right. i love your blog btw...