Friday, October 13, 2006

Leaving soon on too many jet planes

One of the side effects of travelling (too much) is that one soon fatigues of it. You asked me today if I was excited to be going off (last day of work and first of a vacation week hurrah!) and in a way I am. But I'm not looking forward to the 12 hours + 2.5 hours + 3.5 hours + 1.5 hours on a plane ahead of me. I don't think I've ever taken so many flights in sequence before, just to get to where I'm going.

Of course, I could have taken the direct route and simply flown LHR-CHO straight away, but obviously I had to bump into a business transatlantic, and obviously I had to take what seemed the cheaper (I doubt it now) option.

Yes, I am definitely your silly goose alright - I'm living up to my name.

I am not even counting the time I'm going to be spending on the flight. All I know is, more than 24 hours later after I take off + time zone differences, the frequent flyer miles had better be worth it. Every time I walk into a place that gives me Krisflyer Gold privileges, I tell myself that it was all worthwhile.

I want to honestly say what I'm looking forward to - because over IM, I didn't have an answer for you.

I am looking forward to walking towards my niece and seeing a broad, wide grin on her face. I'm looking forward to seeing her spring forward with a freshness of step one only sees in the very very young. I'm thinking that if only we had kids, they'd be so darn cute (looks like Isaac). I'm now laughing at the sceptical look on your face and your "no kids" policy.

And of course you'll say that our lovely white fluffy baby is totally worth it and enough trouble as it is. Which of course she is. I'm half thinking of borrowing her to snuggle against in bed - she'd be lovely in this cold weather.

2 comments:

.::: .: :.:. :.: ... ::: :. .::. .: :. ::. said...

happy flyabout!

we'll continue to read this blog if you don't mind.

petitemoi said...

Hey read on little fish!